We FINALLY got the ECU and wiring loom on Friday after an 8 week wait!
I was away for Time Attack at the weekend, so yesterday I made a start with the refit 🙂
One thing that I realised whilst away at the weekend is that the ST170 uses vacuum on the brake booster, the throttle bodies don’t have the facility to ‘take off’ for any engine vacuum – so…
Very carefully drilled and tapped the underside of the inlet manifold and created a balanced vacuum source:
Then it was time to run a fuel return line (as the ST170s don’t have one…) it’s a bit long at the moment but will trim down later!
Drilled a rather large hole in the bulkhead:
And siliconed a grommet in place to run the new engine loom through:
Then it was time to fit the new clutch slave cylinder:
And the new lightweight flywheel and clutch:
Then the two long lost friends were reunited 😀
A quick check confirmed my fears that the trumpets were too long, however, I have a cunning plan – just need to speak to Adam first to make sure he’s happy with it…
Never know, tomorrow might see a fire up 😉